- Materials circulate for up to three weeks. Patrons may not renew books on reserve. Books loaned by Lower Shore Library Consortium member libraries (Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset, Dorchester and Eastern Shore Regional Library) may be renewed once unless the book is on reserve. To renew, go to the Worcester County Library On-Line Catalog Web page and select "My Account"; see Renew or call the branch library from which the item(s) circulated. It is necessary to know the title, author's last name and due date. Please contact Worcester County Library if you have a question about borrowing or renewing Inter-Library Loan materials.
- To reserve material, either go to the Worcester County Library On-line Catalog Web page and search for the material you want and then click the Request button on the bottom of the screen, or ask a staff member for assistance. Reserved items must be picked up promptly.
- The arrival of ILL (Inter-Library Loan) materials varies from a few days to several weeks.
- DVDs and Videos circulate for a seven-day period.
- There is a 10 cents per day fine for books, magazines, records, CD's and other materials.
- A fine of 10 cents a day is charged for overdue DVDs or videos.
- A fine of $1.00 a day is charged for overdue Video Games.
- Checkout privileges are suspended if a patron owes more than $5.00 on their account.
- Book drops at each branch are open 24 hours a day.
Collection Development Policies
The Worcester County Library Board of Trustees has adopted the following Collection Development Policy to guide the staff and inform the public about the principles on which the library collections are developed and maintained. Click Here to read or print the Collection Development Policy.
Donations of Books and Other Materials:
The Library accepts unrestricted donations of books and other material. They may be considered for the collection in accordance with this collection development policy. The Library reserves the right to sell or dispose of the materials through book sales, recycling or other means. Library employees cannot assign a dollar value to donations although a receipt documenting the number of items donated will be given to the donor if requested.
The Library subscribes to the American Library Association